Even with a clearly defined Ideal Customer Profile (ICP), it can be hard to decide which leads your sales and marketing teams should focus on. Technology Intelligence takes you one step past your ICP.
Crafting impactful sales and marketing campaigns is time-consuming.
Whether you’re honing your message, segmenting audiences, or executing campaigns, you have to make sure you’re spending time effectively when selecting leads to contact…even if you’ve already identified your ICP.
James Tudway, HG Insights’ U.S. Sales Director, has seen the benefits that come with Technology Intelligence.
“A leading technology vendor was looking for a way to increase their revenue but decrease the time SDRs were spending on outbound prospecting. We showed them how to align their sales and marketing efforts by using our Technology Intelligence to score their leads, and they had a 4x increase in conversion rates by connecting with qualifying companies that fit their ideal profile.”
With Technology Intelligence you can make sure you’re reaching out to and prioritizing the right leads. It is an evaluation tool that enables companies to identify technological opportunities that could be leveraged for growth. It has been around for decades, but as technology life cycles shorten and businesses become more globalized, having effective Technology Intelligence is increasingly important in today’s competitive landscape.
And if you’re not contacting the right leads you’re wasting your time.
Technology Intelligence in Today’s Marketplace
Forrester estimates that the world’s data doubles approximately every three years.
We aren’t lacking data, we’re missing insights taken from this data. Technology Intelligence empowers you to:
- Cut through large swaths of ever-growing data to get hyper-focused insights on your leads
- Size markets by IT spend, technology installs, technology footprint, and other customizable criteria
- Understand your audience and reach out to them with a message they will respond to because it directly addresses their specific pain points
Now, you can dig deep into previously unavailable data-driven insights and prioritize leads based on their overall technology footprint. You can analyze vendor penetration and share to find threats, trends, and opportunities, allocate your resources more efficiently or identify untapped market potential to increase revenue and decrease your team’s effort. You can see if a prospect uses a competing or complementary technology to yours, whether they’re an early adopter of SaaS or cloud-based applications, or whether they’re using outdated or obsolete products. You can even segment leads based on bespoke properties unique to your needs.
Simply put, Technology Intelligence IDs the opportunities that can help you grow your business or the threats that may jeopardize the survival of your business.
This is how Technology Intelligence works, but now you need to know why…
Popular Lead Scoring & Prioritization Use Cases
Here are just a few of the most successful lead scoring and prioritization use cases our customers have implemented using Technology Intelligence:
- Competitive Displacement
- With Technology Intelligence, you have insights into your leads using competitor software or hardware products, which allows you to reevaluate and reprioritize your accounts to target them with a message that illustrates how your product solves their unique problems
- Complementary Campaigns
- With Technology Intelligence, you have insights into your leads using technology products or services that your solution enhances or complements, which allows you to reevaluate and reprioritize your accounts to target them with your unique, mutually beneficial value proposition
- With Technology Intelligence, you have insights into your lead’s entire technology footprint and software stack, which allows you to reevaluate and reprioritize your accounts to target leads who use legacy products to your sales and marketing teams for automated outreach
Technology Intelligence helps you prioritize the right leads to bring in more MQLs, creates better sales and marketing alignment, and ultimately converts leads to sales.
And maximize your revenue while minimizing your effort!
Real-world Scenario: Lead Scoring & Prioritization
There are many arguments and use cases for Technology Intelligence in both academic journals and leading research publications. But until you’ve put it to the test for your business, you’re at a competitive disadvantage.
Scott Smyth, HG Insights’ VP of Global Sales, has witnessed firsthand how Technology Intelligence has driven ROI for customers. Smyth explains a recent example:
Why You Need Technology Intelligence Now
Technology Intelligence takes you one step past your ICP. It helps you size markets by IT spend, technology installs and footprint, and other customizable criteria—helping you to:
- Analyze vendor penetration and share to find threats, trends, and opportunities
- Allocate resources more efficiently
- Identify untapped market potential
- Increase your revenue and decrease your team’s effort