When you have hundreds or thousands of accounts in your CRM or MAP, how do you prioritize which accounts your sales and marketing teams should go after? For growing businesses, technographics provide the key insights their teams need to identify accounts that are over 60% more likely to close. This is why sales and marketing teams who use technographics to score their accounts cite tech install data as the most critical component of their success.
Unlike broad firmographic criteria such as company size, number of employees, industry and annual revenue, technographics allow you to identify the technology footprint of your ideal customers. That means you know if your accounts are using a competing or complementary technology product to yours, you know if they’re an early adopter of SaaS applications, and you know if they are using legacy or obsolete products.
All of this intelligence provides you with information you can use to prioritize your outreach on the accounts that are most likely to buy from you. It also allows you to reach out to them in an informed manner with a message that is much more relevant than if you knew nothing about your account except for basic firmographic data.
Top Account Scoring Use Cases
Technographic account scoring automates account prioritization in your CRM or MAP to ensure your sales and marketing teams follow up with the accounts that best match your ideal customer profile first. For our customers, the most successful account scoring use cases are as follows:
- Competitive Displacement: boost scoring for accounts using competitor software or hardware products and target them with a message that shows how you solve their pain points.
- Complementary Campaigns: score target accounts that use a technology product you enhance and reach out to them with your value proposition.
- Upsell/Cross-sell: know the entire technology environment of your accounts and route accounts that are using legacy product to your sales and marketing teams for outreach automatically.
Account Scoring in Action – Case Study
Tegile (now Western Digital), wanted an easy way to prioritize accounts for their sales team. They determined that any accounts with three specific technologies installed had a 64% higher likelihood of turning into a win and that these target accounts generated 49% more revenue. Tegile used technographic scoring to identify and send these accounts to their sales team automatically.
How to Get Technographics into Your CRM or MAP Quickly
- HG for Salesforce – ensure you’re focused on the right leads and accounts with technographic enrichment in Salesforce.com CRM.
- HG for Marketo – use technographics to score your leads directly in Marketo.