Tech Intelligence Bulletin (HG Insights) – Citrix is collaborating with global cybersecurity leader Palo Alto Networks to enable easy deployment and management of next-generation firewalls within Citrix SD-WAN, providing companies with added layers of security to protect their assets at branches and beyond.
“Applications and workloads are migrating to the cloud at a very aggressive rate and security needs to follow them,” said Chalan Aras, Vice President, SD-WAN and Intelligent Traffic Management, Citrix. “With Palo Alto Networks, we can deliver an advanced SD-WAN security solution that enables companies to protect users, data and applications across branches, data centers and public clouds in a simple, flexible way.”
WAN Edge networking simplified
Citrix SD-WAN is a next-generation WAN Edge solution that delivers the automated, secure connectivity required to optimize performance of applications and drive a superior user experience. With the integration of the Palo Alto Networks VM-Series virtual next-generation firewalls and Prisma Access with the Citrix SD-WAN solution, distributed enterprises can enhance their network and cloud protection in a straightforward, cost-effective manner.
Leveraging Citrix SD-WAN Orchestrator for unified management and control, IT organizations can:
- Build and enforce consistent access control policies based on applications and users across network and cloud
- Automate provisioning of Palo Alto Networks VM-Series next-generation firewall (NGFW) on the Citrix 1100 appliance, as a virtual network function (VNF)
- Automate connections to Palo Alto Networks Prisma Access cloud-based firewalls for consistent policy enforcement
- Streamline provisioning of multi-layer security services from Citrix SD-WAN Orchestrator, available via Citrix Cloud
- Apply security zone segmentation to protect users, applications, and data
“In today’s hybrid, multi-cloud world, security needs to be as agile as your applications, data and users,” said Adam Geller, senior vice president, Products, Palo Alto Networks. “Together with Citrix, we can deliver an integrated set of products that provide a consistent level of protection to users across the network and both public and private clouds.”
Send HG Insights your news
Have you got IT news you would like the HG Insights news team to cover? Maybe you have the inside track on a major IT news story or have heard something significant or of interest to the global IT sector. We value all contributions.
Email all press releases / information to email@example.com and one of our journalists will get back to you.