Tech Intelligence Bulletin (HG Insights) – The recently launched Lumada Video Insights solution brings together Hitachi’s video offerings for smart spaces with new technology updates, innovations and integrations into Hitachi’s Lumada portfolio.
The solution complements and extends the Lumada platform and services ecosystem with expanded AI, computer vision, advanced analytics, data integration and orchestration capabilities to help enterprise and industrial customers accelerate their IoT initiatives and cultivate their own smart spaces and ecosystems.
“Industrial IoT is making significant impacts across an array of industries that rely on the effective use of data, including manufacturing, transportation, energy and utilities, and smart spaces,” said Brad Surak, chief product and strategy officer at Hitachi Vantara. “With Lumada’s widening range of capabilities, we’re excited to continue our track record of innovation to help customers get the most value from their data.”
Video is rich source of insights
Advances in computer vision and machine learning have allowed video to be a rich source of insights that provide operational and customer experience intelligence, and real time-situational awareness and alerts to enable swift, effective and proactive responses to incidents, emergencies and customer issues. With Lumada Video Insights, customers can gather data insights to improve planning and identify opportunities for cost and waste reductions and factors to improve operational excellence.
Key features of Lumada Video Insights
- IoT, video and historical data can be visualized geospatially and graphically in a single-pane-of-glass view.
- Video analytics turns existing or new video data into insights and real-time alerts through AI analysis.
- Video data storage and management solutions that ensure rapid speed and high volumes of foundational data are available, complete and fault-tolerant while simplifying data management.
- Smart edge devices and video intelligence platforms that gather data and insights from anywhere.
- Mine publicly available data from social media or the deep web for open-source intelligence and awareness of brand-related conversations in target areas.
- Helps data-driven decision-making about safety, operations and customer experience.
Data-driven intelligence achieves greater outcomes
“Smart spaces innovation is a focus area for Hitachi Vantara as we continue to see a demand to use new and diverse sources of data blended with more traditional data to gain rich insights,” continued Brad Surak. “With Lumada Video Insights and our focus on DataOps, we are excited to expand our work with public and private organizations to transform how retail, government and transportation use data-driven intelligence to innovate and achieve greater outcomes.”
Send HG Insights your news
Have you got IT news you would like the HG Insights news team to cover? Maybe you have the inside track on a major IT news story or have heard something significant or of interest to the global IT sector. We value all contributions.
Email all press releases / information to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our journalists will get back to you.