Technographic data shows you the hardware and software technologies companies use to run their business. By knowing the technology products installed at your accounts, you can be more precise in your targeting and outreach, leading to faster conversion and close rates. Get a quick snapshot of how you can do this below and click on links to get more details.
1. ABM/Demand Generation: ABM and demand generation success are highly dependent on targeting the right accounts with the right message. Bedrock Data, a maker of data integration software, used technographics to identify companies using a combination of 3 or more data products. By doing so, they reached prospects with a message that highlighted how their software could tie all their data systems together, leading to quick sales wins.
2. Prioritizing sales call lists: technographics give your sales teams the ability to focus on the right accounts and prospects so they spend less time prospecting and more time selling. Sage Intacct, a leader in cloud-based ERP software, used technology install information to prioritize a list of 70K prospects, making it easy for their sales teams to reach the right accounts with the right message, resulting in several significant wins in a short period of time.
3. White spacing: one of the biggest discoveries companies make when they start using technographics is that their total available market might be 3-5x bigger than they had estimated. Zendesk, a maker of customer relationship software, recently made this discovery when they used technographics to identify companies using products from their competition. They are now using this information to win back market share from competitors.
4. News-driven campaigns: news provides an excellent opportunity to reach out. A merger/acquisition announcement, a bad review on a competitor or a recent end of life notice are great opportunities to get your product in front of companies who may currently be considering a new solution. These types of campaigns are effective and can lead to engagement rates of over 60%. Having technographics in your CRM or MAP allow you to seize the moment.
5. Revenue expansion: by using technographics, marketing teams can see if their customers are using competing or complementary products for which their solutions may be a better fit. Understanding their account’s technology landscape allows them to implement relevant competitive displacement campaigns as well as effective cross-sell and up-sell promotions that drive more revenue from existing accounts.
6. Online advertising: a recent study by TechTarget revealed that B2B marketers can double the results of their demand gen programs by complementing those programs with online advertising. With technographics-based HG Audience segments, you can now maximize your ad spend by hyper-targeting your ads directly to audiences using the technology products you specify.
Ready to Start Using Technographics in Your Outreach?
According to the 2017 ABM Benchmark Survey Report by Demand Gen Report, 30% of the companies surveyed said they planned to use technographic data for their ABM programs in 2018. If you’re ready to do the same, we have the data and tools to help you, including:
HG for Salesforce: embeds technographics directly into Salesforce so that sales and marketing teams can easily sort, filter and use the data to create campaign segments, score and rank accounts, generate reports, and implement workflows and triggers to build more intelligent business processes.
HG for Marketo: quickly enrich your Marketo leads with technographics to identify which technologies they are currently using to ensure they receive messaging that is customized and relevant
If you don’t have Salesforce, visit our HG Universe page.